The best way to keep your garage door working is to lubricate it properly on a daily basis. Thus, in this article, I’ll teach you how to lubricate a garage door step by step.
If you stay present, you will learn everything you need to know.
Lubricating a garage door
- Close the door and turn off the power.
- Make sure the tracks are clear.
- Lubricate your garage door with the right lubricant. An easy-to-apply spray variant is the best type.
- You should begin by lubricating your hinges. Ensure that the hinges are lubricated where they meet the track by slowly opening the door.
- Lubrication of the rollers is then required.
- To prevent the door from becoming unbalanced, wipe away any excess with a rag.
- Now you must spray the bearing plates and springs. It will take a stepladder for you to reach these and lubricate them completely.
- After that, lubricate the garage door lock.
- Spray the lubricant once on the lock to lubricate it properly.
- Lastly, the top of the rail must be lubricated. The chain follows this path to open the garage door.
- The chain itself has a natural protective coating, so it shouldn’t require greasing, and lubricating the bottom of the rail will have no effect. Grease the top of the rail and spread it around with a rag.
That’s it. If you have any questions related to the topic, connect with me through the comment section. I’ll be surely there to help you out with any issue you have.
For any garage door replacement services, reach out to garage door replacement Poquoson which provides professional services.